As the CNET reports, here are a few reasons for the new iPad getting hotter.
- The Display: Which has two times the LEDs, as the brightness increases the heat also increases.
- It Needs More Power: As it has a more efficient screen it needs more transistors which in turn needs more power.
- Apple Still uses the the traditional LCD technology which is less power efficient.
- Above all of these the new processor is the biggest source of heat.
- To power all these the battery has to generate enough power, which in turn makes the batter warm.
Thus the new iPad is more hotter than the iPad 2.