Portland, Oregon – Inkstone Software today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of eBook Search 3.0, an important update to their free eBook search solution for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices. eBook Search offers readers the ability to search a wide number of free eBook resources, as well as the ability to download the books to their device for their immediate reading pleasure.
eBook Search offers readers the ability to search for and read over 8 million free eBooks from sources such as iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Google Play Books, Kobo, and many other eBook collections. The app also connects to free book catalogs maintained by Feedbooks, Baen Books, Project Gutenberg, Smashwords, ePub Bud, ManyBooks, and the Internet Archive. Its sleek modern interface is designed to work in any device’s native resolution, making it perfect for users of any mobile device.
Once a user finds the eBook they are looking for, it only takes a few taps to download to their device, and open it up in most popular reading apps. Or, if they want to put off downloading the book until a later time, they can send a link to their own inbox to remind them. Users can also share their finds via handy sharing abilities.
* Access to over 8 million free eBooks from iBooks, Feedbooks, Baen Books, Project Gutenberg, Internet Archive and more
* Discover over 2.3 million premium iBooks
* Access to the Calibre eBook management software over Wi-Fi
* Open books in most iOS EPUB and PDF reader apps including iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Google Play Books, and Kobo
* Readers can e-mail eBooks to themselves for reading on other platforms
* Native app optimized for all iPhone and iPad devices
“We are all voracious readers at Inkstone, and love helping other eBook fans find great free books to read and enjoy. We’re proud that our efforts have resulted in having the number one book discovery app in the App Store,” says Inkstone CEO Patrick Thompson. “Since its release in 2011, eBook Search for iOS has had over 8.5 million downloads, and has been consistently ranked in the top 25 of the App Store’s free books category.”
It doesn’t matter what kind of reading material a user enjoys; they can find it by searching eBook catalogs with eBook Search. Thrillers, mysteries, fantasies, science fiction, romance, manga, comics, non-fiction and more can all be found using the app. Plus, readers are sure to stumble on wonderful books they have never heard of, leading them down unexpected paths of knowledge and excitement.
What’s New in Version 3.0:
* A new sleek modern design from Italian designer Nicola Armellini
* Optimized to work in native resolution across all iOS devices
* Advanced search in a number of the eBook catalogs
* The ability to edit book metadata and mark books as read
* Access to the popular ePub Bud catalog with over 1370 free children’s books
* Access to the new and improved free Baen science fiction book catalog
* Access to the ManyBooks catalog with over 30,000 classics
eBook Search not only allows readers to search for free eBooks, the app also includes a custom iBookstore catalog that offers handy advanced search access to over 2.3 million premium and free offerings from the extensive iBooks library. And, Inkstone’s eBook Search for Android brings access to the same great collection of over 8 million eBooks to Android devices. Android users can now experience the same comprehensive access to free eBooks that iOS users have long enjoyed.
“With the update of eBook Search, we’ve made the app even easier to use. Plus, with the addition of three new book catalogs, it offers access to more eBooks than ever before,” continues Patrick. “Plus, it doesn’t matter which platform your use, as Android and iOS users both now have access to our terrific app!”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 38.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
eBook Search 3.0 is free, and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Books category. Convenient in-app purchases are available to remove ads and add additional catalogs. A “Pro” version (3.1) is available for $0.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies). An Android version is also available through Google Play.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Inkstone Software, Inc. is an independent software development company founded by Patrick Thompson. Combining a strong blend of media curation, design, and development skills, Inkstone Software’s passion is to craft elegant, easy-to-use media applications for mobile devices. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2017 Inkstone Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.