Dublin, California – Stela LLC, providers of premium graphic novels and illustrated books native to mobile, today announced its new Stela Unlimited App for iOS and Android. Delivering a curated library of original visual content created by award-winning artists and storytellers, including graphic novels, comics, illustrated novels and other rich visual media, Stela is the only subscription based app that features content created specifically for mobile reading.
According to the American Association of Publishers, the industry generated $28 billion in revenue in 2015. While the latest Pew Institute studies show that 28% of Americans now consume published material through electronic formats, there is a prevailing lack of original comics created for the mobile medium. Mobile readers of print content formatted to mobile suffer with clunky platforms that deliver a poor reading experience, turning them away and stalling the growth of visual storytelling in the digital age.
Stela is the first and only subscription based app that delivers a natural reading experience optimized for mobile devices. All content in Stela’s library is created for mobile reading, which means readers can engross themselves in fantastic worlds and complex characters without having to disturb the experience by panning around pages or enlarging and shrinking panels. Stela allows readers to simply scroll and read – on the train, in the car, or tucked in your favorite reading corner.
All in One, One for All:
The Stela app is a one stop shop for visual story lovers. Stela’s library features a variety of genres and styles, full of premium content created and curated by Stela’s dedicated award-winning in-house editorial team. From science fiction, action, romance, historic, and slice-of-life, there is something for everyone to enjoy, all rendered in amazing quality from award-winning creators, featuring some of the leading writers and artists of the day. Just as Netflix led the way in pioneering a new way to create original content and deliver it, Stela is breaking the barriers when it comes to mobile stories.
“Much of what we read or do on our mobile devices is very shallow,” says Jason Juan, CEO of Stela LLC, the studio that created Stela. “There’s very little emotional connection with reading news or social media updates. We aim to change that. What people yearn for is something to lose themselves in. Our wide variety of moving stories with lush graphics means anyone can find something to enjoy, and enjoy on a deep visceral level.”
Sample Series Currently Available on Stela:
* “The Inheritance” – In a world of magic and fantasy, a special child is born once every thousand years blessed with tremendous magical power – but anyone who takes that child’s life also steals the great power for themselves. A retired warrior must protect his daughter against the hordes of mages, dragons, and necromancers seeking that power.
* “442” – The 442nd Regimental Combat Team, made up entirely of Japanese Americans, was the most decorated unit of World War II. Even with their families confined behind barbed wire in government internment camps, these soldiers fought bravely to rescue a Texan battalion lost deep behind enemy lines. Based on actual events. Releasing on February 17th, 2017.
* “Breaker” – Living a quiet life in SoCal isn’t easy for Verity Monroe. Perfect waves, cold beers, and her best friend Eva are all she really wants. Until torn bodies start literally piling up on the doorstep of her beachfront home, and she’s forced into solving a murderous, centuries old plot involving cults, prophecy, and every kind of supernatural creature imaginable.
Stela’s premium content library is constantly expanding, with new original content updated weekly. It’s a truly unique visual storytelling experience that will get users to stop binge watching and start binge reading.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 37.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Stela Unlimited 0.7.9 is free to download, with a great assortment of free and preview content available to try. It is available worldwide through the App Store in the Books category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play. Subscriptions are available for $9.99/month, which unlocks Stela’s entire premium content library for unlimited reading and enjoyment.
Stela LLC’s flagship mobile visual content app, Stela Unlimited, is the first and only subscription based app to offer graphic novels and illustrated stories created specifically for the mobile reader. With a library of unique and exclusive content by award-winning creators, Stela delivers the ultimate binge reading experience. Read to your hearts content and interact with a community of content creators and visual content enthusiasts with Stela Unlimited. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2017 Stela LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.